Skip to content
- Nothing is safe: Tomatoes, lettuce, and now, Jalapeños have salmonella. What’s next – Air? Oh, right, most of the air that we breathe in our major cities is already toxic. I forgot.
- Obama is kicking butt and talking the talk in Iraq. I hope that all of those folks that were whining about Obama’s commitment to withdrawal are now eating crow. Please notice the silence from the Right as they try to formulate a plan to stay in Iraq for several more months, years, or even decades.
- In NFL news, all-World defensive end Jason Taylor gets traded to the Washington Redskins for two draft picks. The Redskins must now be thought of as a playoff contender. He will make their defense, which was already good, much better. This is a great trade for both teams. In the category of Sir Pouts-A-Lot, there is Jeremy Shockey who was traded from the Giants to the New Orleans Saints. This can not be a good career move.
- Back to politics, former Serbian leader Radovan Karadzic has been captured. He has been on the run for 13 years. He is now going to be tried for war crimes.
- Remote Afghan district over-run by the Taliban. I’m truly looking for any good news from this part of the World. I’m still looking.
- Attorney General Michael Mukasey has asked Congress to grant him and the administration new powers with regard to the Guantanamo prisoners. I don’t see any way that Congress will even look at his proposal before recess for campaigning.
- Finally, the press doesn’t always follow Drudge’s lead and that’s a good thing.