Skip to content
- President Barack Obama is giving the State of the Union Address, which is not really a State of the Union. There is a lot of discussion about what he might say. Language Guru George Lakoff has a good post on DK about Obama’s progressive code.
- Six weeks ago, the smartest guy in Washington DC seemed to be Ronald Burris. That was then. Now, Burris doesn’t seem so smart. He actually seems kind of stupid since everyone, except the Pope, including Illinois Senator Dick Durbin, has asked him to resign. What a moron!!
- Congresswoman Hilda Solis has been confirmed by the Senate as the new Labor Secretary.
- Could the great Arnold Schwarzenegger be considering leaving (Hasta la vista, baby) the Republican party? No way.
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal is the latest great hope for the Republican party. I have had a number of Republicans let me know that 2012 Jindal will be smacking down Obama. Jindal is the governor of one of the most backwards states in US. If he can figure out how to get Louisiana out of the mud and on her feet then that would be a feat that the rest of the country should take note of. Governor Jindal will be giving the Repubican response tonight. Look for him to embrace NOT the American people but big business like all of the other Republicans over the last 30 years. He will talk about how Republicans need to come up with new ideas but will not have any to offer. I don’t know this for a fact. I’m just guessing, because this is exactly what Republicans have been saying over the last four years.
- You know the economy is bad when Mickey Mouse is hurting. Orlando is hurting. Mickey is laying off workers.