In spite of President Bush saying that the Democrats don’t support the troops, he seems to be the one who is not supporting the troops.
- Extending tours of duty
- Walter Reed
- Veteran funding cuts every year of his presidency
- Rumsfeld’s terrible leadership after the fall of Baghdad
- Tommy Frank’s terrible leadership – he never acknowledged the Fedayeen he thought that they were nothing more than a “speed bump” o the way to Baghdad
- Staying the course when a new strategy was needed
- Not sending enough troops
- No rush for IED proof vehicles
- Relieving Jay Garner with L. Paul Bremmer who did more to stoke the fire of the insurgency than anyone else
- Not holding early elections
- Formally disbanding the Iraq Army
The President said nothing new tonight. For that matter, he hasn’t said anything new since…Mission Accomplished.