As predicted, Barack Obama had a flood of SuperDelegates to his side on Tuesday.
From TPM Election Central:
Obama’s haul of super-delegates is turning out out to be very heavy today — and that’s before any actual votes are counted from tonight’s primaries, increasing the likelihood that he will clinch the nomination imminently soon.
• Former President Jimmy Carter, who had dropped hints for quite a while that he was for Obama, and officially confirmed the news with the Associated Press.
• South Carolina Congressman John Spratt.
• DNC member Ralph Dawson, from Hillary Clinton’s home state of New York.
• Massachusetts DNC member Deb Kozikowski.
• Massachusetts Congressman John Olver.
• DNC member Joyce Beatty of Ohio.
• DNC member Jennifer Dechant of Maine.
• DNC member Maria Chappelle-Nadal of Missouri.
• State party vice chair Carnelia Fondren of Mississippi.
• DNC member John Perez of California.
• Six Michigan super-dels, who each count as half a vote: Detroit Mayor and DNC member Kwame Kilpatrick, Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, and DNC members Debbie Dingell, Rick Wiener and Joyce Lalonde, and state party vice chair Tina Abbott. (more…)