* Five American troops were killed this morning in Mosul as a result of a “massive” suicide truck bombing. It was the deadliest day for U.S. forces in over a year.
* Negotiations with the Somali pirates continue, as Richard Phillips’ effort at an escape proved unsuccessful.
* Limbaugh tries to connect the pirates with ACORN. What a weirdo.
* President Obama sees “glimmers of hope” in the economy, but reiterated his belief that we have a long way to go.
* Robert Mugabe’s cronies are seeking amnesty deals by abducting and torturing opposition leaders.