- Well, it is nice to see the big man under the microscope. Murdoch gave the time-honored excuse that he knows nothing. The excuse sounded much better coming from Schultz.
- A lot of conservatives would like us to believe that Ronald Reagan did nothing besides cut taxes. This is not true. This is not even close to being true. Reagan raised taxes just after his big tax cut. It was the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982.
- WE really don’t pay that much in taxes. That’s the problem. Yes, there are some individuals that are overtaxed. I think that small businesses making between $50,000 and $500,000 have too much paperwork and tax stuff to keep up with. They can’t easily hire some dude to keep up with all of the taxes and regulations that they are forced to comply with. This is completely different for big business.
We are the blue line near Mexico and Chile.
- Austerity will not work by itself. It simply will not. The IMF has written a paper explaining why austerity will not work.
- Mitt’s big donors don’t have endless wealth.
- The fight for Wisconsin is really getting under way. This is one of the most important election cycles in the last 20 years.
- It is Obama’s duty to prevent an economic meltdown. He has to use every tool in his toolbox, including the 14th amendment. Bill Clinton agrees.
- One of Tiger Woods’ mistresses has reportedly returned $10 million in hush money. Seriously. She had been given enough money to keep her and her family secure for the rest of her life, but she returned the money. Money isn’t everything, but in this economy where jobs are here today and gone tomorrow you can’t or shouldn’t simply assume that you can make it on your own. I wish her luck. I suspect that there is a book deal and a reality show on the horizon.