- First, an update to a story that I posted yesterday. It was about the Texas GOP and a vendor at the state convention that had a “special” Obama button. Well, the Texas GOP has decided that they didn’t want them. They have been booted.
- Coca production in Columbia is up. When we talk about wasteful spending when are we going to add the War on Drugs which has been a huge failure.
- Washington paid tribute to Tim Russert.
- More flooding in the midwest. When is our president going to actually go to Iowa and Illinois?
- Tiger Woods is out for the rest of the season to have knee surgery that he should have had 10 months ago.
- The Boston Celtics win the most anti-climatic NBA finals, ever. Every knew who was supposed to win since the start of the season.
Great show. I review several of the lies or untruths that have been circulating about Barack Obama. Then I talk with Scott Horton who writes for Harper’s Magazine’s No Comment blog and guest lectures at Columbia University. He is a human rights lawyer. Scott has been writing about the Don Siegelman story for quite a while. Enjoy.
I’m not sure what Mahmoud Ahmandinejad thought was going to happen when he went to Columbia University. If I were President of that University, my introduction remarks would have been kinder and my language more diplomatic but the meaning would have been the same. I applaud President Bollinger for inviting and then questioning this clown of a President.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad questioned the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks and defended the right to cast doubt on the Holocaust in a tense appearance Monday at Columbia University, whose president accused the hard-line leader of behaving like “a petty and cruel dictator.”
Columbia President Lee Bollinger and audience members took Ahmadinejad to task over Iran’s human-rights record and foreign policy, as well as Ahmadinejad’s statements denying the Holocaust and calling for the disappearance of Israel. (more…)