Skip to content
Page load link
- Tim Tebrow might have been a great college football player. In time, he may be a great NFL quarterback. Right now, he’s not that good.
- I have no idea what to expect from the New York Jets. One week they’re okay and the next week they’re awful.
- I really don’t understand what’s going on with the Pittsburgh Steelers either. I have no idea why they didn’t play better today. Their defense was good but not great.
- I thought the coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers told us that his team was the best in the NFC – NOT. They lose to the Detroit Lions when Detroit has a third string quarterback. Pitiful. Congrats to the Lions who have been playing hard all year.
- As I see it, there are only two players who should be mentioned in the discussion for NFL MVP – Michael Vick and Tom Brady. By the way, when was the last time Tom Brady ran for 130 yards and threw for three TDs? Michael Vick’s performance today was off the chains.
- San Diego? What’s the deal? You have one of the best quarterbacks in the league. You have one of the best defenses in the league. Yet you can’t play consistent football?
- New Orleans Saints had to beat the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens have been almost great all year. The Saints are like a fancy sports car missing one spark plug. Neither team seems to have whatever it takes to go to the Super Bowl this year. Saints lose a close one.
- Many in the windy city were thinking that this just maybe Chicago’s year. They seemed to be putting all of the pieces together. Then they played the Patriots. The Bears aren’t ready yet.
- The Arizona Cardinals, the Carolina Panthers, the Cincinnati Bengals (who lost Terrell Owens to a knee injury today – his career may be over) and the Cleveland Browns need to start their own league called the Almost NFL.
- Why can’t the Jacksonville Jaguars run the football when they need to? I don’t understand.
- Peyton Manning plays great football when he has his own receivers he’s already worked with. No surprise here. I’m really sorry that Austin Collie got hurt again today.
- The Kansas City Chiefs are going to the playoffs. They’re playing pretty good football. Jamaal Charles is one of the league’s best running backs.
- Can someone explain what happened to the Houston Texans? They started the year playing so well. They were firing on all cylinders. Then… what happened? They just got tattooed by the Tennessee Titans. The Tennessee Titans! The Tennessee Titans haven’t been able to beat almost anybody the last three or four weeks.
- The Atlanta Falcons may not be flashy but they figure out ways to win games. When push comes to shove, though, I don’t think they’re good enough to beat the Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs.
- Jason Campbell is not as bad as we all thought. As a matter fact, I never thought he was that bad. I just thought he needed the right team with the right quarterback coach. Oakland played through adversity today and beat the Denver Broncos who had no quarterback. Yes, this is another dig at Tim Tebrow.
- The Miami Dolphins, the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers are all fighting for the award for the Biggest Disappointment of the Year. All three of these teams had high hopes at the beginning of the year only to lay an egg. To quote Deion Sanders, “the Dallas defensive secondary is atrocious.”
- The two best games of the year were played today. If you didn’t see them you need to catch them somehow, some way. The New York Giants really dominated the Philadelphia Eagles for almost three quarters. The game should’ve gone into overtime. The New York Jets versus the Pittsburgh Steelers was another classic. Neither team played their best but both fought hard. I thought Ben Roethlisberger was going to pull off another last-minute heroic. If you love football you MUST see these two games!! They are the best that the NFL has to offer.
- It really doesn’t matter who wins between the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers. The Green Bay Packers just haven’t played that well the last couple of weeks. I would be flabbergasted if the Packers win this game. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots are playing fabulous football (I really hate to say that). They are clearly the best team in the NFL… Right now.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
The steelers came within an eyelash of winning today, despite Arians’ bizarre playcalling. Still, Ben gave up a sack that was a killer as it left them with no time, and he still almost got it done, almost.
No Troy, No Steel Curtain. He’s too important to their method to lose. Last year’s five game skid was because they couldn’t hold a lead, similar thing today. Saints had the same problem, couldn’t stop the run. Really tough loss there. If they win out they’ll be a 12-4 team hosted in teh playoffs by a team without a winning record.
I’m so happy Tampa Bay lost. No more talk about them, and their coach better learn to keep his mouth shut. They couldn’t beat a good team and now they stretch that out to scrappy bad teams.
I hate Tom Brady, I’ll Vick his due for playing well and being a good citizen after his slap on the wrist punishment. But how many times has Vick gone up against 3 top 5 defenses and shredded them? 😀 But that comeback today was absolutely insane.
Good for Tebow to get two touchdowns off big plays. Congratulations. We’ll talk after you play a team that isn’t run by that kid from Deliverance.
And Nice job Texans. You’ll get a nice draft spot to draft someone else whom you’ll misuse and discourage.
the Saints problem is that they’re not creating turnovers that they created last year. The Saints defense really set up their offense. Darren Sharper was critical to that defense. Without him, that defense was average… At best.
I’m not sure that you can call 18 months of your life spent behind bars “a slap on the wrist.” I have never been a fan of Michael Vick. I thought he didn’t work hard and relied on his natural ability. In the NFL natural ability will only take you so far. You have to put in the time to become great. He was never an accurate passer but now he is. He is putting in the time. He is playing 10 times better than he ever played when he was with the Atlanta Falcons.
“Kid from deliverance” I’m laughing out loud.
Some great football today.
I got to watch most of the Pats game, another great football game reminding me of the near misses during the 2007 season (namely the Ravens heartbreaker because of how this one ended). Matt Flynn played okay, got some great rushing support and made touchdown passes, but he also made mindboggingly horrible throws to guys that were blanketed. The interception that was negated by a “hand to the face” (?? never seen that one before) was awful. Of course Collingsworth and Michael completely jinxed him during that drive by praising him up and down, comparing him to history AND showing his parents in the stands. Of course he was going to humiliate himself with that disastrous final possession. Pats squeak out, Brady gets hammered and nearly throws three picks, all of them dropped, but he lead the no huddle for the winning drive. Everytime I watch a pats game it always turns out this way. There was one exception, a few months early of an april birthday present 😉
Agree about Vick playing better, I think he’s been humbled. I remember his first game back from that broken leg year (the madden curse year, which now Brees is having 🙂 ) he was fast and all, had some touchdowns and pulled the team back, but then he got on television and talked about being unstoppable. The next game he was punished by the defense. Sure he could run for 1000 yards but what of it? He never thought he had to learn to throw and hated the advice, now he’s taking it and has gotten a lot better.
McCourty is DROY, Wilfork is damn house.
You’d have to include the Bills in the not ready for NFL teams. The Cards are as bad as I’ve ever seen them. And right after they gave Whisenhunt a contract extension. They have so many gaps they’d need 5 first round picks to improve. Plus the Bidwells (owners) seem to be back to their old ways. Don’t want to pay anybody but they have no problem raking in on some pretty expensive seats on game day.
No Hall of Fame worthy QB, no team. Its incredible that almost all of these players took the Steelers and their historic defense to the wall in the Superbowl just 2 years ago. I feel awful for Larry, I almost wanted the Cards to win the Bowl because of him. To be able to taste a championship, to where he is now, is almost criminal.
Flynn played well but I can’t think of a single rookie who could have performed well on that last drive. You need a veteran quarterback.
I try not to talk about the Buffalo Bills. They have just been miserable for a while.
I can understand why the Cardinals allowed so much talent to go away last year. The only person who was any good who stayed was Larry Fitzgerald. Maybe Whisehunt wanted to start from scratch. If you get good talent you have to pay to keep it.
I follow Larry Fitzgerald on twitter. He seems to be one of the most upbeat guys there is.