Today’s Roundup comes from the Political Animal. Foolishly, I’m trying to get some of my work done. I’m happy to say that I have Representative Susan Fisher on my show this week. We will be talking about the North Carolina state budget and several of her other initiatives. I will also have Angela Kelly from the Center for American Progress. We will discuss comprehensive immigration reform.
* Busted: “The government is charging Angelo R. Mozilo, the former chief executive of the mortgage lender Countrywide Financial, and two other company executives with civil fraud. The Securities and Exchange Commission said Thursday afternoon that its case also accused Mr. Mozilo of illegal insider trading.”
* Sonia Sotomayor finished the Senate Judiciary Committee’s questionnaire in record time. Bonus points for turning it in early?
* A court has ordered South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford (R) to take $700 million in stimulus money, whether he wants it or not.
* Immigration reform this year?
* President Obama’s policy towards Israel is being undermined by lawmakers in his own party.
* How dishonest is Liz Cheney’s political analysis? She’s willing to say things Dick Cheney has already rejected.
* Ezra explains, “The toxic loans portion of Tim Geithner’s Public Private Investment Program looks to be officially dead.” (more…)