- Michael Savage is one of the lowest of the right-wing low-lifes, so it doesn’t surprise me that he played several songs from the Dead Kennedy’s yesterday. Just to add some more, low-brow humor, he sprinkled in a drop from the movie Kindergarten Cop with Arnold saying, “It’s not a tumor.” Really funny. NOT!
- Both Senator Barack Obama and Senator Hillary Clinton had some kind words for Senator Edward Kennedy. They both get a high-five from me.
- Again, Clinton is staying in the race. It is her right, I’m just not sure to what end.
- On the international scene, there has been a huge outbreak of violence in South Africa. The violence seems to be targeting immigrants with 22 dead and hundreds injured.
- I hope you don’t mind turning your whole check over to the Big Oil companies. Oil just topped $130 per barrel.
- Interesting article on a “new” approach to medical errors. Some major medical universities are trying to have physicians personally acknowledge their errors to their patients. Simply put, they are asking doctors to say, “I’m sorry.” There are several reasons why patients sue doctors. Research has shown that just to get money is only one of the reasons. One of the other reasons is that a doctor never apologized. I’m not sure that this “new” approach will decrease the number of lawsuits significantly but it is the right thing to do.
- Senator Ted Kennedy left the hospital. He is pictured walking and giving the thumbs-up sign to reporters and well-wishers.
- Senator John McCain continues to show no foreign policy differences when compared to Bush. McCain was in Miami yesterday and spoke to a mostly Cuban-American crowd. McCain promised to uphold the hard line which has netted us nothing in 40 years. The best part was when McCain confronted Obama’s policy to talk to foreign governments that we don’t agree with. McCain said that it would “send the worst possible signal to Cuba’s dictators.” Tell me that wasn’t very predictable.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Comments are closed.