Cenk Uyger from the Young Turks is in the HOUSE!!
- Buncombe County Dems announcement. Rally today!!
- I would like to start the show by saying Happy Birthday to my wife. She is 29 today.
- I will be playing Michael Jackson today. As everyone knows by now, he died on Thursday. There is some speculation that he had a narcotic overdose. I was a big fan and saw him in concert three times. I will focus on the positive. I will be playing some of his lesser known songs because I was a fan. 🙂
WAKE OF THE SCANDAL
- A new SurveyUSA poll in South Carolina finds that 60% of residents think Gov. Mark Sanford (Republican) should resign, while 34% think he should remain in office.
- In an 8-1 decision the Supreme Court of the United States held that 13-year old Savana Redding’s constitutional rights were violated when school officials suspecting her of hiding prescription-strength painkillers and strip-searched the girl. The only dissenting justice was Clarence Thomas.
- Percent of Americans who say they are concerned about their future health care costs, according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll.
For my Dare to be Stupid segment – I serve up – JON, KATE… AND THE GIRLFRIEND?
- That’s right. 23-year-old Deanna Hummel will appear on Jon and Kate plus 8 when the show returns in August. She’s the lady the photogs caught with Jon, prompting the couple’s split on national tv. Sorry, Jon, but you’ve lost all sympathy
- Waxman-Markey is a big split personality of a bill. Its efficiency and renewable requirements would make a dent in greenhouse gas emissions, even if not a very big one. But the cap-and-trade at the heart of the legislation is another story. Why do we need cap-and-trade, a carbon tax or anything similar? If we could just flip a switch and turn off emissions quickly, there would be no need to discuss complex schemes. In that case, the best approach would just be to notify everyone they were required to stop polluting a year or three from now. Because greenhouse gas emissions are so interwoven into our infrastructure, we’ll have to phase out this type of pollution slowly, over decades.
- “House Republicans presented a four-page outline of their healthcare reform plan Wednesday but said they didn’t know yet how much it would cost, how they would pay for it or how many of the nearly 50 million Americans without insurance would be covered by it.”
I discuss current events with Cenk Uyger of the Young Turks who has an opinion or two to share with us!!! This is a great interview. We talk about events here at home and in Iran.