I’m not a nuclear expert, but off the top of my head I know several countries that have nuclear weapons. Let’s see… there is Israel, France, Britain, Pakistan, India. Oh, Russia and North Korea. That’s it. Oh, damn, I forgot. CHINA. How can someone who is running for president (Herman Cain) not know that China is a nuclear country? Either he is a moron or he thinks that you and I are.
I’ll try and be more consistent with my news roundups. Sometimes my day job can be overwhelming.
- The National Football League’s most valuable player, Tom Brady, is done for the year. This is almost the exact same type of play that caused Carson Palmer to have major surgery 18 months ago. I’m not Tom Brady fan. I am a football fan. This is a sad day for the NFL.
- Roger Federer and Andy Murray of Great Britain are playing the U.S. Open finals championship as I type this. He is currently trailing two sets to none.
- A story that came out last week suggested that former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales had mishandled top-secret information by taking the information home without following protocol. And here you thought the Bush administration was supposed to be good at this national security stuff.
- A nuclear agreement with Russia has been pulled from Congressional consideration by the Bush administration. Just in case anyone was wondering what message the Bush administration was sending, Vice President Dick Cheney made it clear this weekend. The Vice President said,”Russia’s actions are an affront to civilized standards and are completely unacceptable.”
- The federal bailout for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is somewhat confusing to say the least. It seems to me that the message is that if you become “indispensable” then you can be as reckless as you want and the US taxpayers will rescued you. It seems to be the wrong signal if you ask me.
- Senator Hillary Clinton is campaigning in Florida for Obama.
- MSNBC will change its election coverage. It appears that Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews were too “liberal” so David Gregory will be injected into the show as a ringmaster. Conservatives were PO’ed. So, I wonder if Fox News is going to change their line up to be more liberal?
It is hard for me to imagine that after we warned Georgia not to get sucked into a military conflict, they simply gave us the Bronx salute. How is it in their best interest to ignore our warnings? Or is Secretary Condolezza Rice telling us a fib? This administration isn’t big on diplomacy, although they have been better over the last 12 – 18 months.
I don’t know the answer to this question, but I wish I did.