- Dallas Mavericks are trying hard to blow their best chance to win an NBA championship. They looked tired, slow and disinterested. If they keep playing like this they will be able to watch the Thunder in the championship game.
- Newt's implosion is extremely interesting. It is almost as if he has jumped into a large bowl of tar and somehow he didn't think that it was going to stick to him.
- Even the lowly Chrysler looks like they have plans to pay our money back.
- How about a constitutional amendment to over turn the Citizen United decision? Um, I don't know about that.
- Patriot Act has been extended in a double secret meeting. Dems and R's agreed on something... anything. This should be a cause for celebration but something just doesn't feel right about it.
- Man walks after being paralyzed from the chest down with the aid of electrical stimulation and a computer. Totally Cool. (for those who want to read the scientific study, you can find it here.)
More on Newt Gingrich's epic debacle. There is a reason that Newt Gingrich stepped down as Speaker of the House and has never run for another elected public office. This is not an accident. Newt Gingrich has a flair for over-the-top rhetoric. In order to paint himself in the best light, he will use the starkest metaphors to illustrate his point. So, to make himself seem like the biggest and best authority on Medicare, he contrasted himself against Paul Ryan and the Democrats. This was classic Newt Gingrich. Of course, he threw Paul Ryan and all of the other House Republicans off a bridge since he accused them of social engineering. He spent the better part of this week trying to weasel his way out of this epic mistake. In an effort to backtrack without looking weak he blasted those who criticize him and, of course, that included the great grand pooh-baw of everything conservative, Rush Limbaugh. PA has an excellent rundown on Newt's week. Stephen Colbert took Newt Gingrich's press release and asked John Lithgow to read it verbatim. This is funny.